Thursday, May 17, 2007

Normal visit, cont'd

Yep, I'm a little overdue for this continuation of my last blog. A week and a half ago I made a visit to see some friends for a couple reasons. 1) It was Jill's birthday so I thought I'd surprise her. And 2) It was the last Monday night (supposedly!) that Molly would perform at NV Lounge before going to CO for LT this summer, so I thought I'd go see her do that.

So I guess I didn't surprise Jill because she knew I was coming, but I did trick her with when I was coming. She had to close at Starbucks on her birthday (Sunday) and then open the next morning. Lame. I told her I would get there on Monday then and take her out to eat for dinner. I ended up on the road later than planned (as usual), but eventually made it to Starbucks with Molly to surprise Jill.

Monday was a lot of down time. Basically, I was just waiting around to take Jill out to dinner. I ended up making it to both Jill's and Tracy's Starbucks, then went to Panera for awhile. After Jill was off work we went to her place to chill, then Molly met us before going to Ned Kelly's for dinner, which is a decent steakhouse.

After that- more down time until NV Lounge. I eventually ended up back at the guys' house with Molly and met a few more people, including Gina and Katie. We were going over different songs to do that night, and glanced over More Than Words by Extreme. Before you know it, Molly was singing it and I was accompaning her on guitar.

NV Lounge was a good time because there were a lot of cool people there. I finally met Chris Pond, who didn't show up last time I was out there. I also met Katie and Meagan out there. David, Amber, Katie, Nate, and more people made it out that night (sorry I can't remember everyone's names!) Tracy performed (after much pleading ahead of time by me). Chris did some songs. Molly did some songs (including More Than Words). Then they closed at 1. Lame. But it was still a lot of fun.

I ended up sticking around all day on Tuesday, which meant a bunch of time at Panera again! I almost got to hang out with Leslie but she was uberbusy. I picked up Gina and a couple other ISU students for a Cornerstone home group BBQ at the Pastor Mike and Michelle's house, where Molly has been staying the past few months. Good times, but I had to leave early so I could actually get back to Chicago at a decent time.

No comments: