Thursday, May 3, 2007

Molly and Tracy come to visit

I was tired as heck on Monday. Drove back on Monday morning after a late night hanging out with friends in Iowa. But part of the reason for driving back on Monday and NOT after Tuesday night (ahem...Ellen!) was to hang out with Molly and Tracy and see their friend, Leslie, perform in Lincoln Park. We attended a short showcase of around 25 ISU theatre majors. It was quite a show. There are certainly a lot of talented people there.

Like I said, I was tired! So when Molly and Tracy called to say they were in the city, I was asleep. But I got myself up quickly and took the Fullerton bus to the theater. I was able to catch the bus right away which almost never happens when I'm in a hurry. I met them at a thrift store about a block down on Lincoln, and then we ate dinner at a nice bar grill across the street from the theater. Then we saw the ISU students perform, which like I said, was amazing! Just before the show, we happened to find seats in front of Leslie's family so we got to chat with them a bit. Afterwards, I finally got to meet the woman herself. The reason I had visitors on a Monday night.



Leslie got a ride back to ISU with some other friends so I got to hang out with Molly and Tracy a bit longer. We went to an hispanic bar in Logan Square where they have salsa dancing on Monday nights. I had never been in there before so I didn't quite know what to expect, but it was a lot of fun. Some dude from Europe asked Molly to dance a few times. I showed Molly and Tracy all the 2 moves that I know. Matt stopped by for a minute. Not a bad night for missing $2 burgers!

I'm not used to people visiting me in Chicago at all! Lots has been happening this past year. And now, I hopefully get to hang out with Ashley this weekend.

No comments: