Sunday, May 9, 2010

Family stuff



A week ago my niece "turned 2, on May 2." She is able to say that (many times I might add) any of the thousand times that we asked her. So we got together at Lance & Char's house that evening to celebrate with the family. It was great to see everyone and to see how smart Valentina is getting. She can certainly disobey and be stubborn, especially when she is tired, but there is almost no limit to how smart she is getting and how cute she is. She received some musical instruments, a toy train, and a toy that releases bubbles. She was very excited.

This weekend my nephew performed in a school play. It was a different take on a bunch of common fairy tales, but infused with a good dose of girl power and environmental issues. Very cool that it was a little like Shrek in playing with the fairy tale formula. Christian was Prince Charming in the section that retold Cinderella. He is very talented, as were many of the other kids in the performance. While I do not have a picture of this performance, I do have a picture of him with his new electric guitar, which I took the same day as Valentina's family birthday party.

No comments: