Wednesday, April 21, 2010

changes

I got laid off from Sony and was a part of a month-long trial as a jury member for the federal district court. The federal court experience was a good one, though there were certainly many boring moments. The hard thing was that it coincided with the store closing. There was a 2-week period where I had not been that busy for awhile. I could have just done jury duty and put off work at Sony, but decided against that since the store was closing. Therefore, I ended up going into Sony during the evenings after being in court as well as when I had days off from the trial. But now all that craziness is over. I miss the people I worked with at Sony but I'm thinking it's a good thing to be done.

One smaller change is that I finally got internet at home (though I am writing this in a coffeeshop). Like I told my friend, Mary, I like to join the current decade a little late. It's probably why it took me so long to get a digital camera or an MP3 player. Working at Sony definitely helped with getting my electronics updated.

No comments: