Sunday, June 17, 2007

Minnesota visit

The Twin Cities were pretty awesome. I arrived Sunday night and just chilled with Kasey, Ben, and Kasey's parents. Monday I had a lot of downtime but then I met up with Kasey, Ashley, and Stephanie Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketfor dinner right across the street from the Target Center. Ashley's friend, Andrea, also came later on to join us. After dinner, I said bye to Stephanie, then went to the Fray show with Ashley and Kasey. We were actually the first ones in our box seats. Eventually, Shera, Heather, George, Brett, and more people arrived for the show. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketSovady was also at the show with some of her friends but she was able to stop by the box seats for a visit.


The show was good. Mae was really good, although not too many people were into them. It's hard being the opening band. OK Go was really good live. The Fray performed pretty well but the crowd didn't really move too much in general, for any of the bands.


On Tuesday, I got to talk with Kasey's mom for awhile. It was interesting hearing about their family and where she went to high school. Later on in the afternoon I went to see Katri at Bruegger's Bagels, and then to REI to hang out with Katie O. It was good to see these friends. I'm glad I caught Katri at work, because otherwise, I would not have seen her during my visit. Katie hung out with us that night though. We had dinner at Kasey and Ben's and then to Friday's for some drinks. Catie and another friend of Ben and Kasey's also joined us.


Wednesday morning, I met up with Ashley again at Caribou. We got around to talking about volleyball and I mentioned I had one in my car, so we went back to Ashley's house and peppered for a bit. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketHer friend and temporary roommate, Brett, also joined in for awhile. Fun times. I started my drive back to Chicago hot and sweaty.


blessings



p.s. To show how much of a genius I am, here is a good quote I made. When I was visiting Katie and REI, she tried on some shorts that she was going to buy. "What do ya think?" she asked. "They're pretty good," I replied. "A bit outdoorsy though." Yeah, I called something from REI "outdoorsy." I'm a genius.

No comments: