Tuesday, January 27, 2009

weird day at work

Yesterday I go out of the store to eat lunch at Subway. I'm walking back and I notice that Express is closed. I keep walking and there are more and more stores with their doors closed. Weird? This never happens. I get back to Sony Style and our doors are closed. Angelo lets me in and I'm just wondering, "what the hell is going on?"

Apparently there were a couple guys suspected of carrying guns in the mall. Here is one article about the incident.They tried to rob an armored car (I didn't find that out until today). All the stores were closed for a couple hours in the afternoon while mall security and a SWAT team searched for the suspects. I still had a bunch of work to do and everything, but weird day.

What was funny were the customers still around and one in particular that called the store. He was calling from the parking lot and wanted to know if we could bring him a GPS Navigation system to the mall entrance and pay cash at the door. Umm....no. Nice try, though. Yes, you may have driven far to get here, but the mall is locked down for a reason.

Needless to say, the mall was back to normal after a couple hours, probably with less people though. I wasn't around long to find out how empty it was that evening.

No comments: