Saturday, August 18, 2007

cedar point vacation

This month I took a vacation with my family to Cedar Point. It was a fun vacation with my family. So I'm blogging about this amusement park that everyone raves about and says is better than Six Flags. In some ways they are right. There are more roller coasters and they are mostly better. In my 2-day experience though, they broke down and had to delay using several of them an awful lot. It barely rained at all too. But the rides that are good....are REALLY good. And two of them flat out beat anything I've ever ridden on at Great America or anywhere else.

The two that clearly stand out are Millenium Force and Dragster Racer. Millenium Force reminds me a lot of Raging Bull at Six Flags. Although Raging Bull is smoother, the first drop on Millenium is insane. Dragster may be the shortest ride, but it is the most thrilling. It's name obviously sets up what it's like. You go from 0 to 120 mph in 4 seconds. It takes you up a huge drop, then spirals back down it. It's the biggest drop in the world and the speed you get to the top of it is insane. Unlike all other roller coasters where you trek slowly up to the top.

The family time together was great. Just a quick 3-day trip but well worth it. Check my flickr photos for pictures from the trip.

No comments: